Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Removing Obstacles

It's amazing to me how drastically life changes once you remove obstacles.  We often don't realize the extent to which these obstacles get in the way of good things coming to fruition.  I had a very negative person in my life for 9 years and I spent most of the years completely absorbed in his negativity.  It isolated me from friends and my family (although how positive an experience my family is changes from day to day) and kept me from doing all the things I love to do because I had to be absorbed in him.

Last night driving home my son looked at me and said, "Wow Mom, now that Grumpy (we call him Grumpy) is gone your life is blooming!"  And that's how I feel as though I am in bloom.  Wonderful people are coming into my life, old friends are back in my life and words fail to describe the gift their presence is for me.  Fear keeps us from removing those obstacles; fear of the change that will take place once that obstacle is removed, fear for my safety and fear of change kept me from leaving although I couldn't admit it at the time.

But here's the thing, the one certainty in life is change.  Even though we fear change we are going to experience it...we can't stop it.  So my hope for all is that if there is something negative in your life do what you can to let go of it.  You'll be okay.  We can all survive change.  Actually we can survive anything because our spirit is immortal.  You never know what will open up in your life and what will take bloom once you get rid of the negativity. You may get the greatest blessing of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment